I’m making a list and checking it twice. A list of resolutions, that is! Why wait for the New Year? We have every reason to buckle down starting right now.
I’ve been struggling to stay focused on the real-world job hunt while working 30+ hours a week at a restaurant and maintaining my Pinterest obsession. Unless we have an unusually warm day, I find excuses not to go outside to work out. And between Thanksgiving, Christmas parties and my birthday, sticking to a healthy diet seems unreasonable.
So let the December resolutions begin. What are some of your goals and resolutions for the new—or end of—year?
- Apply for 3 jobs per week
- Exercise 5 times a week (… or at least 4 times)
- Read 2 clippings per day. I have a stack of newspaper and magazine articles from the last six months and they need to go.
- One networking informational interview per week
- Organize time to call or meet a friend to catch up weekly
- Call family members more frequently
- Be more focused
- Get out of bed at a reasonable hour. It’s hard on days I don’t have to be in work until 11…
- Get Christmas shopping done early
- Tidy room daily
- Major room cleaning once a week—and I mean dust, sweep and organize.
- Watch what I eat (less pop at work, more fruit and veggies)
- Don’t lose my temper
- Visit my grandparents
- Watch my tongue when about to say unkind things behind people’s backs
- Blog 2-3 times a week
- Spend more time with my family
- Read a book
- Floss daily
- Read or apply now instead of leaving 100 internet tabs open
Here’s to being the best me I can be!